Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I'm Walking on Sunshine

A man came into the store yesterday at approximately 5:45pm. I state the time because I want it to be known that it was dark outside. I was alone. Well, he asked me for change for his $10 bill, 1 five and 5 ones. He was dressed in some sort of ceremonial clothes I do not know what religion but he started to bless me and proceeded in telling me God was here on earth. He told me that we must live peacefully and become vegetarians and to live our lives on earth as it is in heaven. It was serious stuff and he was serious about what he was saying but I was smiling the whole time about ready to burst into laughter. I had no problem with him preaching to me nor did I have a problem with what he was preaching. My problem is that I was very distracted with the fact he smelled like he had rather recently been smoking weed. Now I am not condemning him because he smokes weed, I just thought that if he was going around preaching the word he might want to do it when he wasn't high. It is kinda contradicting. It would also discourage individuals from actually listening to him if they are getting a contact high. Seriously, as I was listening to him talk my body started to feel strange. I was so close to singing "I'm walking on Sunshine" and doing a little two step to the music in my head.
I have never smoked a thing in my life and never will (not even hookah) and I also dislike cigarettes since they are unhealthy and I can't stand the smell. He is very lucky it was me and not one of the other girls there; I am more accepting than they would have been. I did enjoy meeting him though; I like meeting new people.
The human race is full of interesting people and you know me, always interested in the interesting.

No comments: